Thursday

My obsession....

Does anyone else out there collect files?? I think I am bordering on obsessive here. I collect anything and everything I find, my packrat personality comes shining through even on the computer. Tonight I was looking at www.homeschoolshare.com for something, I can't even remember what at the moment and I ended up in their lapbook resources section. I have been there before, but I thought I'd look around some more. I ventured on over to the unit studies- with lapbooks still on the brain- and started clicking. My lapbooking folder in My Documents now has over 260 files. I am not sure how many I started with, but I added a whole lot. I now have matchbooks on all sorts of geographical areas, a number of pockets with different titles and clipart, and a wole lot of files with names that don't really describe what they are about. At least last night when I was doing a very similar thing- copying and pasting the lapbooks off of http://www.homeschoolhelperonline.com/index.htm into WP- they are all in one file together. Why the urgency? Why can't I just wait until we are studying [topic] before downloading everything on the WWW? Well what would  be the fun in that??


Now my obsession doesn't end with lapbooking printables, I have almost 60 folders in my homeschooling folder on my computer- organized by subject and then divided furthur. Everything I have come across that I am capable of saving gets sent to these folders. Downloaded and added to my bookmarks- so that if I ever need information on that subject I am more likely to find it....well maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment