Friday

Weekly Wrap-Up

This has been a busy week for us...

  • Monday started with our weekly co-op classes in the morning. We only have a couple more classes this semester, but my boys have really enjoyed it this time around. We took a break for a year but I think they were ready to go back. It helped that I am one of their teachers too.
  • Tuesday we had our monthly Cub Scout Meeting. Rylan and Cale both recieved beads toward their current badge. I made these cupcakes....my excuse to try our new cake and frosting recipes. These were chocolate with toasted meringue frosting.
  • We have swimming lessons every Wednesday morning- at least until Dec. 2nd. Rylan is pretty scared of the water, neither him nor Cale can swim. But for the past 5 weeks we have gone to Maryville College for our lessons from college student taking a class for aquatic education.
  • We also began our unit/lapbook on the American Government. So far we've covered the founding fathers, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the branches of the government....and some other things. Today we began on the presidents. Rylan LOVES the presidents. It's the one thing he's consistently been interested in for years. We will be going through next week, then I'll share our completed unit and resources.But for now...
Here's Cohen's constitution...I love 4 yr old writing

Cale's Government tree

  • We also got our chickens this week. We've got one weakling, but hopefully she'll pull through.
  • We had our Cub Scout den meetings on Thursday afternoon. I wish I had my camera, since the Tigers were learning about the Flag, the Pledge and having a flag ceremony. One of the boy's grandfather came in with a flag pole, different flags, showed them how to stand. He was a Cubmaster for his son's packs years ago and did great with them. They looked adorable standing in uniform all in a line like that.
  • And today is Paul's 30th birthday. He came home a little earlier from work today and we had crabcakes and peach cobbler for dinner

For more weekly wrap-ups, visit Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers.

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful week! You have 4 sweet boys :) (I find all 3 of my boys are easier than our 1 girl ;) I also loved your lapbook pictures on your site. We're really digging into the lapbooks this year, my boys love them. God Bless!

    Jamerrill
    www.homeschoolblogger.com/nurs4jc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I love reading your blog your highlights of your educational week is always intriguing and inspiring. :)
    Thanks for sharing all you do it's always wonderful to see and read.
    I also love all the chicks...I did not know that holding them was a good thing a taming factor to be able to not have to chase them down and to be able to tote them around how wonderful.
    Your home sounds like a wonderful petting zoo; I do miss that here.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great week. I love the 4 year old's writing, the effort he put into it is so obvious. The government tree is great, too. I have a Rylan as well, I'm sure like me you thought you were being so original. It's a great name, isn't it. Anywho, I hope y'all have a great weekend and a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a wonderful week! I just don't know how you do it all. I'm one of those moms who loses momentum if I'm out of the house every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cupcakes look delicious! And, the baby chicks are adorable. I hope the one weakling does okay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meringue frosting on a cupcake!? That sounds wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete