Saturday

{Review} Udderly Smooth Lotion


Since it's winter and the air is drier- especially in our wood-heated home- dry skin in on the rise. My hands usually end up cracked and red for most of the season, and my feet are 10 times worse than my hands year round. We also have a few eczema sufferers in the house- and again the cold winter air usually spurs an outbreak. I am actually usually pretty bad about buying and using lotions, but I was happy to be given the opportunity to try our Udderly Smooth's line of lotions to see how they did against my dry skin. 

About Udderly Smooth

According to their website:

"Made in the USA for over thirty years, Udderly Smooth® products contain rich moisturizing ingredients. Not your average moisturizing lotion- Udderly Smooth® can be used on Dry Skin, Cracked Skin, for Diabetes Foot Care, as a Facial Moisturizer, as a General Moisturizing Lotion and many other uses." 

I am sure if you have spent any time in the lotion aisle of your local stores you will have noticed Udderly Smooth. It's the tubes covered in black and white cow spots! It's hard to miss!

We received the following items to test out:

1- 4oz Hand Cream Tube
1- 2oz Hand Cream Tube
1- 12oz Body Cream Tub
1- 8oz Foot Cream Tub

I used the foot cream daily- twice if I remembered- and the hand cream multiple times a day.


My Thoughts on Udderly Smooth

Udderly Smooth is very creamy. It is not petroleum based so there is no oily residue to get on your skin or clothes after applying.

What I liked most:
  • I like that the lotion is not petroleum based.
  • I am always happy to see products that are produced here in the USA!
  • With regular use, my hands are still in nice shape. Even though they are subjected to the cold air, dish water and lots of farm chores.
  • The lotion absorbs very quickly, so I can get back to what I was doing and not worry about getting greasy smudges on door knobs, the keyboard, etc. 
  • The cost is very reasonable- and the fact that a little bit goes a long way makes it even more cost effective. 
What I have trouble with:
  • I usually do not like to use products with added fragrance. The fragrance was too strong for my kids (the ones who won't use lotion anyway...) It is not overpowering, and they do offer a fragrance free option. 
  • Some of the ingredients are questionable for me. For the most part I use coconut oil as my moisturizer since I know what's in it and I used Grape Fruit Seed Extract as a preservative in homemade beauty products! Ingredients like methlyparaben and propylparaben make me a little nervous. 

 

Where to Get Udderly Smooth:

You can find Udderly Smooth's line of products almost anywhere! Food City, Kroger, BiLo, Walmart, Dollar General, Dollar Tree- just to name a few. You can visit Udderly Smooth's  website to find a complete list of retailers. Just look for the black and white cow spots!

You can find a complete product listing on their website, as well as order directly from them. Prices start at just $1.75 for the 2oz tube and  a 12 oz tub of body cream is only $5.75!



If you would like to read more thoughts on Udderly Smooth, visit Mosaic Reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment